Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Richardson and Boynton- parts needed

OK - - be gentle with me I am far from an expert in this field of business.  Trying to find a source for a parts for a low steam Richardson and Boynton furnace (1929-1930) #719. This furnace takes both wood and coal.  My father is looking for a "grate" within the body of the furnace that helps shake the coals or wood ashes to the bottom of the furnace for disposal.  This furnace is "fabulous" but I am having a hard time finding a source parts.  Any ideas?

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    you're the second

Richardson and Boynton this week.  Unfortunately, I think you're going to have to find yourself a tool & die maker, (or a blacksmith) and have one made.....could you post some pics :)

Where are you located?  Maybe someone can point you in the right direction.

80 years and that's the only thing wrong with it?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Karen_Houston
    Karen_Houston Member Posts: 3
    Richardson and Boynton - parts needed

The furnace is in northeast Connecticut.  I was afraid that I may just have to have someone make the part.  The furnace is fabulous not any other problems in all these years.  Takes a lot of work, but keeps the heating bill down, especially with the weather this past year.  Thanks for your thought -- any others let me know.
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    edited August 2011
    This One

has Boynton stamped on it somewhere. I wonder if it's just as old?
  • Karen_Houston
    Karen_Houston Member Posts: 3
    Richardson and Boyton parts

Wow - that is an old one.  Ours is in amazing condition.  My Dad cleans it several times a week when it is in use.  The grate we are looking for is cast -iron.  I would love to find an old disguarded one or a parts dealer that may have parts to these.  They don't make ones like this any longer-- its great!
This discussion has been closed.