Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus logamatic 2107 program

John2eye
John2eye Member Posts: 6
I just installed a Buderus g 215 with a logamatic 2107 w a indirect water heater.. I have 3 zones with no room sensors just thermostats.  The logamatic is set at 70 deg day time and 63 setback mode.  Does this mean if in setback mode (63deg) and I call for 66deg  on one of my zones ,it will not reach 66 deg?  What is the purpose of the day night mode on the logamatic if I have thermostats?

Thanks

John

Comments

• meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678

Your assumption is correct to an extent.  What the night setback does is change the pivot point of the heating curve.  The space temperature is driven by how close your curve plotting is to the actual space heat loss and by the amount of radiation in the space.  In a perfect world, the answer would be yes. 

The Europeans do a lot of constant circulation.   They set the curve up to the nth degree and then the boiler is making just enough hot water to recover the heat lossed by the structure, hence a constant circulation of warm water that is driving via the curve to a plotted setpoint.

In North America, we traditionally over radiated and over boilered our structures and then used the Tstats as space high limit stops to keep individual spaces from overheating.

You can change the setback or turn it off in the 2107 programming.

Good Luck
  • John2eye
    Logamatic setup

As I have it set up now I have setback on my logamatic at 70 deg day and 53 night. I also have my dhw set  on atomatic so it shuts down at night time 11pm to 530 am  . Would this be a good setup? Of course I want to save as much oil as possible. What would be a good setup on this logamatic so that I will get the most savings. I have read the manual .

Thanks

John
  • James Day_2
    James Day_2 Member Posts: 191
    setback

If your boiler was sized correctly to the heatloss, you might have some issues with the boiler catching up in the morning.  If a boiler is sized correctly you really only want to set it back 2 - 4 degrees. 
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    It depends.

It depends on a lot of things. If you have in-slab radiant, for example, you probably do not want any setback at all. I have such a system for my downstairs zone. In 8 hours, I cannot even get 4F of setback because the slab does not cool down all that fast.

Similarly, I have baseboard for my upstairs zone, and its setback is only 2 degrees, and this is a little too much. My outdoor reset is such that I never put more than 135F water into the baseboard, and that only when it is 0F outside. Normally, the supply is in the range of 110F to 120F, so it takes quite a while to recover from setback there too.
  • John2eye
    Logamatic 2107 setup

SORRY   I mistyped my setback is set for 63 NOT 53  . With this change would my Logamatic now be a good setup.  Also what would I do with my Thermostats? Should they be set up to the same temps as the logamatic or on a constant temp (say 70) and let the logamatic do the work

Thanks

John
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    I Set Mine

at a constant temp and let the Logamatic handle the setback. You'll notice that the heat is much more even that way.
This discussion has been closed.