Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need recommendation for good HVAC software

HVACwife
HVACwife Member Posts: 3
Hi HVAC community... <strong>Looking for HVAC Software Recommendation</strong>. 

I'm trying to help "organize" my husband with his HVAC business and looking for a great way to bill, track, and manage his invoices, warranties, etc.  We currently use carbon invoices I created in excel and word. I have looked at WINTAC, Wrightsoft, Field One, etc... but not sure what would be the best for a mom/pop company with customer base around 75-100 and growing.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    I also

own my own heating oil company.  I use quickbooks for all things financial.  You can use Square Everywhere, with a smartphone to take credit card payments right at the customer's house (getting paid is what's it all about anyways right?) Quickbooks will do invoicing, estimates, reports, tracking etc.  Just make sure you get your accountant to set it up properly, so all your accounts are correct.  It's also easier to get your quarterly/annual taxes done quicker.  I also use the simple, usually free with new computer, microsoft works database, as well as Office/Excel.  Quickbooks intergrates with Excel and Word, for collection letters, farming, etc. 

As far as design software, Wrightsoft is great, but very expensive, as I'm sure you know.  Most companies offer trial versions of their software.  I would try a few to see which ones feel better, ease of use, etc.  Currently I'm trying out Hydronics Design Studio, 2.0, and Taco.  But before locking into one or the other, find a supply house who has a good designer with software.  Most are happy to design, as long as you buy from them.  My guy will always meet me at a job, to offer another set of eyes, advice, etc.  Just make sure you pic a person who reps many different manufacturer's equipment, so you dont find yourself only using their most profitable brand.

Should you grow superbig, then you can upgrade to more standard, intergrated office software systems, but they are very pricey.

Good luck!
    steve
  • HVACwife
    THANKS

Thanks, I'm checking into quickbooks now.  I've not heard of square everywhere but will look into that as well.  THANK YOU :)
  • TSPH
    TSPH Member Posts: 2
    Check out PricePoint

Take a look at PricePoint. It is software for Plumbing and HVAC contractors. I have been using it for five years. It works well for me.
  • REDLIN
    REDLIN Member Posts: 1
    WINTAC

Our company has been using Wintac Pro for the past 15 years with only 1 update 10 years ago. We were looking into a few new different programs to upgrade to, thinking new would be better. We tried to compare apples to apples, but this got so confusing.  Some you have to buy their programs and also quick books. I was looking for one that does it all in one program so we went with the Wintac upgrade.  We got the newest version, upgrades and support for the next 5 years at a price less than the other programs we were looking at with only one year support and no upgrades. Best of all, I don't have to pay to have my 6,000 plus customer files converted into a new program. Thank you Naomi at Wintac.
  • HVACwife
    THANK YOU

I did purchase Wintac 2011.  Thank you.  I'm learning it and going through the tutorial now.
This discussion has been closed.