Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

leaks at geotherm flow center

Options
we are having a problem with repeated leaks at a geotherm flow center.this system is about seven years old and up until three months ago it had been leak free.the leaks keep occuring at the fittings (1" pvc male adapters) that screw into the flow centers.one of the fittings had a hairline crack in it, and the others just start to leak right at the threads.when this occurs we just have been cutting out the bad fitting and redoing the connection.reflushing the loop and pressure testing it.the two thing i know it is not is frezzing,or overpressureazation.the system never goes above 50 psi and the temperatures here are well above frezzing.all the piping is schedule 40 pvc including where it screws into the flow center,does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? we have repaired three leaks in the last six weeks.

Comments

• don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    Options
    Leaks

Many time you will find that the water coil is not getting water being its due to a faulty well tank or pressure switch at the pump.It could even be a stuck contractor at the condenser.

You have to question tho if your high discharge switch is doing its jobs.If i get laxy i will use nothing under sch 80 at the water coil.Lots of times its best to pipe them in copper at the coil like say a 12 inch manifold then to pvc.

They make a hose kit with petes plug that you can use with rubber hoses that will help with leaks.

Hopefully you are keeping the coil full of water in the off mode.If its a bleed down system you should change it.

Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.