Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Tekmar 544 - No Display

Bucks1679Bucks1679 Posts: 1Member
I am a homeowner trying to install a new Tekmar 544 thermostat. I am upgrading from a Maple Chase that is 10-15 yrs old. I found most of the literature I needed online for reconnection, but can't get a display on the new Tekmar. I have searched everywhere online to get troubleshooting for this issue with Tekmar thermostat, but there is none for this issue.

On the previous thermostat I had connections to W (Htg Control), Y (Clg Control), G1 (Fan Control), and RH - 24 V Power (which was jumpered to RC). On the new Tekmar, I connected the existing RH wire to R. And provided a connection from Rh1 to Rc per the wiring diagram. The compressor kicked on outside when I did this. I connected the existing W to W1. The existing Y to Y1, and the existing G1 to G1.

I still have no display. The compressor will start and run as long as Rh1 and Rc have a jumper connection. What am I missing? Any help with the display would help immensely as I am out of ideas. Do I have a faulty temperature sensor? Is there anything I can do except return it and try again?

Thanks!

-Buck

Comments

• chiefchief Posts: 14Member
    tekmar 544 - no display

Sounds like you are missing the common wire for the 24 volt supply. This may require running a new wire to the stat. With not knowing what type of system you have I would recommend you call in a pro to handle this one.
  • Paul Fredricks_3Paul Fredricks_3 Posts: 1,549Member
    I agree

I haven't worked with these thermostats very much, but I'm fairly certain they need a 24v supply. I think a dedicated 24v supply is required on the R and C terminals. That powers the thermostat. The other terminals operate the equipment.
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!