Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Blower fault rAy boiler

Options
CAPPY
CAPPY Member Posts: 10
On June 3rd the rAy boiler locked out. Fault code was blower fault/failure. Re-set boiler and everything is OK now. Any ideas? Can't have lockouts on a new boiler installation. Installed 4/26/2011. LP gas. Embedded radiant. Water temps leaving boiler @117 degrees. Also indirect water heater set on priority. Thanks.

Comments

• MechTech_2
    MechTech_2 Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Blower fault

I've seen the same fault before, and resolved it the same way. I've been curious whether the RPMs on the blower are the same as when we first installed the boiler 14 months ago.
  • MechTech_2
    MechTech_2 Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Blower fault

I've seen the same fault before, and resolved it the same way. I've been curious whether the RPMs on the blower are the same as when we first installed the boiler 14 months ago.
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member Posts: 10
    Options
    rAy Cast Iorn boiler blower fault

Despite the lockouts, I am a believer in this unit. The other wall hung mod con's on the market are also prone to problems. I just can't get by the fact this unit has extra thick cast iron sections, and I am willing to give up a few percent of efficiency. I was told by rAy tech's to look for a loos ground wire on the blower. I will check it out and post back.
This discussion has been closed.