Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

unico vs spacepak heat pump

Options
I am comparing the Unico vs the Spacepak heat pump/chiller.  Anybody have any comments one way or the other?

Thanks.

Comments

• meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Options
    I have done a lot of both.

There are very few real differences.  I like Spacepak's sound attenuating duct.  I like Unico's air handlers.  Design criteria are very close.  I can't say that I have a huge preference, one over the other.  Both have their good and bad qualities.  The best selection will be the one that your suppliers have best access too. 

Remeber that sizing and duct layout of high velocity is radically different from a traditional system.  This must be taken into account when designing the duct system and particularly the terminal points.  Unico offers design assistance.  You email them the plans and they will turn around a duct layout and material list.  I am sure that Spacepak does the same, but I used to by them from Johnstone Supply and my sales guy did them.

Good Luck
  • pipe4zen
    pipe4zen Member Posts: 108
    Options
    chiller

I had installed unichiller made by multiaqua and a multiaqua chiller . I have not tried spacepak chiller yet, as it was only released this year. All I know is the spacepak chiller is not made by multi aqua, but an overseas company.

I like chillers, too bad you don't see alot of them in residential situations.
  • Greg_23
    Greg_23 Member Posts: 22
    Options
    SPACEPAK CHILLER

Were having a huge success in the Albany NY area with these systems on residential high end jobs. Anything from one unit to two tied together and just got one with six 5 ton chillers for a high end house in the Catskill's. Spacepak factory support has been a huge advantage in selling these and the fact that they are close to us and go out of their way to help.
This discussion has been closed.