Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

help with edr

Options
STEAM DOCTOR
STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,973
I am sizing new boiler and I need some help figuring out the edr of some radiators. The home has a few radiators that are very similar to the ones in Dan's EDR on page 196 and page 248. Are the edr listings  just for the element itself or do they also include the enhanced effect of the enclosures? If they include the effect of the enclosures then when I size the boiler I shouldn't take the enclosure effect into account because the enclosure dose not condense steam. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Options
    you do take the enclosure height

effect into consideration because it causes an increase or a decrease in condensation based upon the chimney effect of cooler air being circulated at various speeds..the speeds determined by the enclosure height..they would measure the amount of condensate produced by the convector at a given pressure of steam and a given incoming air temp..the only variable was the enclosure height..thats why there are different edr's for different height enclosures..with the same elements..i'm not sure i did a very good job of explaining that..perhaps Brad White will chime in.
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

This discussion has been closed.