Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Viessmann Vitorond

Options
James Day_2
James Day_2 Member Posts: 191
Installed my first 2 Viessmann Vitorond 100's this week.  They are a real nice boiler.  One included the Vitotronic 200 and return injector for a cast iron rad. monoflo system.  Ripped out the monoflo and installed radiant manifolds to supply each radiator with equal supply temp.  The Vitotronic 200 is a real nice control.  The hardest part of the whole job was convincing the home owner that the 80,000 btu boiler will heat his house where there used to be a 180,000 btu boiler.  He still is very skeptical.

Comments

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    Viessmann

Do you have any pictures so that we can see your fine work?

How big is the house?  What is your design temperature where you live?
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    Another Cherry Popped

Welcome to Viessmann James..
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • James Day_2
    Options
    Viessmann

Design temp is 6 degrees. House is about 2100 sqft. Homeowner just insulated and replaced windows. Heat loss came up with about 59000 btu's. On a 6 degree day can run 155 deg. water to rads. Set the max supply temp to 160 and low end to 105. Can't wait till the winter to see how much fuel they are going to save.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    Nice and Clean

Nice job. Now just have to get you away from that tank. :)
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • James Day_2
    Options
    tank

i tried to get them on the vitocell 100, but budget got real tight and that was the cheapest tank.  It was hard enough to convince them on why they should change out a tankless and go with a boiler indirect combo.  But they saw the light by the time I went through the benefits of this set up.
This discussion has been closed.