Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Who Has Siggy's HydroniCad

Options
CMadatMe
CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
I recently purchased HydroniCad with the 3rd Version of Modern Hydronic Heating. I was a little disappointed that there was not a Low Loss Header or a Buffer Tank in any of the palletts. Its a must for me. Am I missing somthing. I've searched everywhere I can think of in the program and cannot find them. Also did not see any links within the software for updates. I also purchased the HDS software which I love and have used quite often.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,195
    Options
    Build the components

I start with the blank tank and add the ports, air vents, etc. With the jagged line symbol you can add heat exchangers inside the tank.

For a LLH I stack the closely spaced tee symbol, which is what a low loss header really is :)

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • CMadatMe
    Options
    Be Creative

Thanks HR. I'm understanding. New software always has its little in's and out's. So the software allows flexibility to be creative. That is a nice feature. I was thinkng it was limited to what was offered in the palettes. I'll play around with it in a different light. Any other hints I should know about? Thanks again..

• MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Software

Hey Chris, you can reach out to Siggy by phone or e-mail, I have the HDS & Heat Load Pro, and anytime I had a question on either one he always returned my call or e-mail to help me out.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,195
    Options
    to build HX tanks

I use the "polyline" from the drawing tools. HydroniCAD is a nice quick, colorful, inexpensive hydronic and solar program. It's not really intended to compete with Visio or PowerCAD.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • MJS
    MJS Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Another Question for Hydronicaders

I can delete items right after drawing them. Is there a better way to delete things from several moves earlier or from an existing drawing? All I can do to make unwanted items go away is to drag them off the page.
  • CMadatMe
    Options
    Thanks Guys

I want to thank all that gave helpful hints. I appreciate it.

• siggy
    siggy Member Posts: 79
    Options
    deleting items in HydroniCAD

To delete an item in HydroniCAD, click on it to select it, then press the delete key.

siggy
This discussion has been closed.