Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

WIRSBO 90M PROPANEL

WAYNE M
WAYNE M Member Posts: 7
HAVE A CUSTOMER WITH A JOB WITH (6) 90M WIRSBO PRO PANEL

THEY WANT TO ADD BACNET TO TIE INTO BUILDING MANAGMENT SYSTEM

LOCAL REP CAN'T COME UP WITH A COST EFFECTIVE WAY TO DO THIS

Comments

• Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Define cost-effective

but without using price :)

I have to assume that there is an ATC contractor on-board. They could provide a BACnet interface card and tie all of the Propanels together.

But I have to ask some questions:

1) Absent any DDC system, how do the systems operate? I presume that they are fully functional, compensating and anticipatory without external interference, correct?

2) Assuming that the systems are self-controlling, is the intent to just monitor temperatures? Make setpoint adjustments remotely? Alarm conditions outside of parameters?

My design philosophy is to keep it as simple as possible. If the systems work by themselves, auto-adjust and could be left without adult supervision for extended periods, I would suggest that your ATC/DDC system contractor provide parallel monitoring points and alarms from them if desired.

If the goal is to take over the control, measure slab temperatures, adjust supply water ahead of outside temperature drops, etc., there is a lot of programming, sensors and controllers to deal with. 

What is your take?
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
This discussion has been closed.