Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit

What's this?

Nick Ciasullo
Nick Ciasullo Member Posts: 44
Does anyone know what this does?



  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,549

    If I'm correct it's for balancing hot water zones in a house with no zone valves. If one area warms up too fast you can back that zone down a bit. 
  • Unknown
    edited April 2011
    makes sense

    just commenting so i can bookmark this. whats with the bigger pipe?
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,549

    we had a customer that had something like this. IIRC, the big pipe goes to the return. I think there is a pipe that goes to a supply, and the others go to the zones. Kind of a balancer/ thermal shock preventer sort of thingy.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    someone else

    was looking for a replacement for this on an earlier posting. Check the older posts for a replacement, if it is needed
This discussion has been closed.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!