Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

King valve

USA498 Member Posts: 45
Planning on putting King Valves in a boiler repiping. 2" valve needed. What type of valve - Ball Gate etc?  Where would one get it from ?

Thanks !


  • Rod
    Rod Posts: 2,067
    King Valve

    Hi- A 2 inch full port bronze ball valve will work fine. Any plumbing store should have them.

    - Rod
  • crash2009
    crash2009 Member Posts: 1,484
    I have been

     using this model for one season now.  No signs of wear so far.  I think I would use them again.  Dont forget to add a valve on the Hartford loop (same type)  If you don't have the Hartford valve the Kings functions will be limited.


    You are probably going to need a few drain valves also.


  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
    I was

    Always told to use gate valves on steam to avoid melting the nylon seal in a ball valve
  • Steamhead
    Steamhead Member Posts: 16,827
    edited May 2011
    Some ball valves

    can handle steam. Check with the supplier or the manufacturer to be sure.

    On the Watts that Crash mentioned, the WSP rating is "working steam pressure". So they're up to the job.
    All Steamed Up, Inc.
    Towson, MD, USA
    Steam, Vapor & Hot-Water Heating Specialists
    Oil & Gas Burner Service
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    I've used ball valves that were steam rated

    before, and had issues with them closing a year or two later..so i now prefer steam rated gate valves..usa made are the best..just my opinion..get burned by a product once or twice and its easy to decide on a particular thing..
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

This discussion has been closed.