Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How to Install a Condensing Combi Boiler

Options
CMadatMe
CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
It's as simple as this <a href="http://www.ehow.com/how_5040718_install-condensing-combi-boiler.html">http://www.ehow.com/how_5040718_install-condensing-combi-boiler.html</a> according this writer..Difficulty: Moderate

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    Options
    plenty of other misinformation on that site!

if not gross misinformation, then over simplification which gives the same results!--nbc
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    It is simply AMAZING what you can find in the net...

Not that wikipedia is all that much better, but here's what they think of eHow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EHow

Borderline dangerous web site IMHO.

ME

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    How to install a gas boiler

This one is even better... "How you hook the boiler up to the gas will depend on what kind of gas you have in your home. Propane and natural gas are the two main types, and they have different methods that it's a good idea to research before you begin."

Read more: Gas Boiler Installation | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/way_5965470_gas-boiler-installation.html#ixzz1JoNdZH29

And we wonder why consumers question pricing...

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Installing Condensing Combi Boiler:

OMG!

All that worrying I did about getting it right and this is all there is to it? What did I do wrong on my first install replacing a Heatmaker ll in a crawl space. It took me forever replacing the Ultra vent, moving the boiler to a new location, moving and installing a new indirect and connecting the old air handler. I must have missed how easy it is,

Should I cancel my slot at the Veissmann school next week on installs and servicing Vitodens 100's? I don't want to look stupid. How could I have missed it being so easy.
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    Options
    Melting chocolate in double boiler.

There is a link on how to melt chocolate in a double boiler. And on that page is a link on how to dip straberries into the chocolate. The woman who does that does not seem to have any dangerous actions for that, so the site is not entirely bad.
  • VictoriaEnergy
    VictoriaEnergy Member Posts: 126
    Options
    DIY

I see a Darwin Award Forthcoming:

"Things you'll need:
    1.      Tube cutter
    2.      Pipe bending spring
    3.      Blow torch"

No fire extinguisher???

• NH03865
    NH03865 Member Posts: 38
    Options
    Recipients of Darwin Award

Unfortunately the recipients of the Darwin Award usually don't injure/kill themselves.  The sequence of events that I see so often is:

1.  Recipient of award demands that we should allow all internet sites to post such "valuable" information.

2.  This information can be used to show how contractors are taking advantage of "normal" people and the contractors are charging exhorbitant rates.

3.He then uses this valuable information to perform the work himself thus saving those exhorbitant charges by the contractors.  In the end he ends up causing severe injury and or death or family, friends or neighbors.

4. Blame is placed on the web site for providing the information, the manufacturers for construction such dangerous products, the supply house for selling him such dangerous equipment, the building inspectors for failure to inspect the job to insure that it was done properly (even though he did the work without a permit).

5.  He demands that laws be passed to control all of these dangerous web sites costly "protections' be designed into the equipment (thus making fees charged by contractors even more"exhorbitant) and that the building inspector be fired.

6. He institutes a law suit against everybody and probably wins.

7.  Change topic, return to step 1.

And Darwin called this the survival of the fittest.

I guess he was right our recipient did survive another day.  But the really scary thought is that also makes him the fittest.
  • Gordan
    Gordan Member Posts: 891
    Options
    I thought, how bad could it be...

But then I saw what certainly LOOKS like a suggestion to vent the boiler inside the living space. I don't think you guys are harsh enough.
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    Options
    Darwin awards.

A year ago I submitted some candidates for the Darwin Award. A large group of people had gotten off a train and proceeded to cross the tracks at grade even though an overpass had been provided for them, and signs directing its use were posted. About two dozen of them were killed by being hit by an express train passing by on the other track.

They rejected my nomination because they do not give Darwin Awards for people getting hit by trains anymore. It is far too common. I guess getting onto the tracks of active railroads is some kind of magnet, just like lights attract moths. I think putting badly vented carbon monoxide generators in occupied buildings is another.
This discussion has been closed.