Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler serial numbers

Options
Ron Jr._3
Ron Jr._3 Member Posts: 603
Do any manufacturers actually stamp or cast the numbers in the boiler block anymore ? My partner used Spray Nine on a boiler we installed and the numbers just disappeared . Had a hell of a time tracking down the serial from the supply house .........

Comments

• Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,322
    Options
    When I get large weil boilers

They are just assembled from inventory of Webbs. The serial number is really just the jacket. The block is picked out the pile for what you want as in so many centers with or without tankless ports. SO I would think the answer is no. A stamped plate would be nice. I have started putting serial numbers on my billing so I can access them at the shop if something comes up.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • Ron Jr._3
    Ron Jr._3 Member Posts: 603
    Options
    Thought I remember seeing

some numbers in the front block casting of some boilers . I could be wrong about that . I know a few steel boilers that had a plate welded to the block . And many had the good ol' stamped plate on the boiler jacket . We write down the serial number on our completion form at the end of the job .   
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    Energy Kinetics

Memory serves me right System 2000 welds a plate to the boiler.
  • Jim Hankinson
    Jim Hankinson Member Posts: 99
    Options
    EK serial numbers

That plate doesn't have the complete serial number but there's enough to determine year of mfr and it has the last 4 digits of the serial number. From that we can usually determine who bought it and when.
This discussion has been closed.