Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for a partner...

Greetings fellow Wallies.

In a recent field survey of commercial, multi family residential settings gas fired boilers, almost 50% of the boilers tested had CO in excess of allowable standards. None of the boilers tested were showing signs of flue gas spillage, but the presence of excess CO in the first place is quite concerning to me. None of these boilers were receiving any kind of annual maintenance (If its hot, don't mess with it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and NEVER look under the hood...) so the findings weren't really all that surprising..

What I am trying to do here is to get the State of Colorado boiler inspectors to perform a cursory flue gas analysis to see if there is significant CO present in the flue gas stream, indicating SOME sort of problem (dirty burners, misaligned burners, improper adjustment, etc) and I really don't expect the inspectors to determine WHY the appliance is producing excess CO. That is not their job. The responsibility for fixing the appliance would fall directly on the shoulders of the appliance owners.

What I am soliciting here, is a single gas analyzer manufacturer (Carbon Monoxide only) flue gas sampler that would be willing to provide product at or below cost as a demonstration/pilot program.

In trade for the product, the State would provide us with the field findings that their inspectors saw in the field, thereby opening a significant potential market for State/Municipal boiler inspectors in the U.S. market to utilize their flue gas sampling devices. I will provide the necessary training to show the inspectors where the flue gas sample should be drawn from, at no charge.

If you are interested in participating in this pilot program, please contact me directly at markeathertonATmac.com

If anyone else is aware of another State or municipal boiler inspection department that HAS an active flue gas sampling program in the U.S., please contact me. I'd be interested in speaking with them about their program.

If we can save just ONE life...

Thank you for your time, and consideration.

ME
It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
This discussion has been closed.