Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitola Vitoflame 200 with Vitoronic 300 problems

MacPHJr
MacPHJr Member Posts: 66
I have no heat no hot water with this boiler set-up. A month ago I had to replace the primary ignition control on the burner assembly after getting D1 faults. Got a call this morning for same customer with no heat no hot water.

There is no fault on the Vito control but the burner still will not come on. Put system into manual override and still nothing. Push reset, still nothing. Checked every voltage connection, high limit, spill switch, sensors, programming, pretty much everything else.

Tech support and local rep believe I have another bad primary ignition control, but wouldnt there be a fault code at the Vito 300 control.

ANy help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Gas

Gas pressure is? Did you check calibration of the gas valve? Is gas ignition volume set correctly? What size boiler?
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • MacPHJr
    Checked

I have 10" wc before the regulator and 5" after right at the burner. All calibration on the burner was checked at last repair and was burning nice and clean. It's aVG2-63.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    I believe

Factory setting is 9" to the gas valve and 3.3" on the manifold. Mixer head should be set to 12.5. Make sure the turbulator gas outlets are clean.. What's your ionization current? Are you getting any fault readings on the primary at all?
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • MacPHJr
    Cant get burner to fire

I cant get burner to fire. I have 120v to primary ignition control. but no power anywhere else else. I should have 120v to the motor which will turn on an cause the pressure switch to close which will send current to the ignition rod which will open the gas valve.

The last fault code on the burner was for a the air pressure switch not proving. Reset button doesnt fire burner, Neither does emission test, manual override switch, and relay test via the Vitoronic 300 control.
  • MacPHJr
    Cant get burner to fire

I cant get burner to fire. I have 120v to primary ignition control. but no power anywhere else else. I should have 120v to the motor which will turn on an cause the pressure switch to close which will send current to the ignition rod which will open the gas valve.

The last fault code on the burner was for a the air pressure switch not proving. Reset button doesnt fire burner, Neither does emission test, manual override switch, and relay test via the Vitoronic 300 control.
  • mac_3
    mac_3 Member Posts: 9
    Vitoflame 200 Service Manual

Hey,

The funny thing about the sequence of operation is the power actually goes down the burner harness to activate the primary ignition control but THEN goes back up to the Vitironic 300 to go thru the Fixed High Limit, once that's closed it then finally goes down the harness to fire the burner.  So take a look at that little pinhole of a fixed high limit because if its tripped, you still have to look inside the little hole to see if the "pin" has popped out a bit...if it is, take a small nail or pen and push FHL until it "clicks" back in  if not see page 22-23 and page 32 for wiring diagram.  Link is below

Have fun with your meter!!!

Mac

http://www.viessmann-us.com/en/services/manuals.html
  • MacPHJr
    It was the ignition relay

So it turns out that it was another bad primary ignition relay after all. I made sure to check everything while I was there because it seemed strange to have a relay fail after only a month.

What would cause a relay to fail twice?
This discussion has been closed.