Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Young convectors

Options
Uman
Uman Member Posts: 5
I have a customer with Young Radiator Co. convectors.  I have the E.D.R. book on radiators.  The convectors seem to be a blend of the "S" type and the "R" type radiators.  They look like the "S" style but have a spring loaded, pull a chain to close damper, like the "R" type.  Also my measurements do not match up with the info on the pages for the Young convectors in the E.D.R. book.  They are definitely Young convectors. I pulled one of the convectors out and the name was printed on the front and on the cast  ends.  Trying to get the proper edr ratings for the convectors.

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Retired and loving it.
  • Uman
    Options
    close enough i guess

Thanks for the info you sent.  Still didn't see my exact Young dimensions  but I think that I got information that is close enough to size the new boiler.  On another note,  I came up w/ a heat loss for the house of about 57,000 btu's and came up with a total of 385 sq. ft of steam (Young convectors) . I should size the boiler to the sq ft of steam not the heat loss (it is a 2 pipe steam system) right?
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Yes.

Always to the connected load. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • Uman
    Options
    thanks dan

Thank you. I enjoy reading your articles in PHC News. Just a fyi.  I noticed on another Heating Help  post,  that someone gave the address and tele. # for  the Young Radiator Co.  I tried all the tele. #'s found on the website and was told that those #'s were no longer in service.  Even 411 could not find a listing at the address found on the website.  Just so you know.
This discussion has been closed.