Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Grundfos Alpha

Options
James Day_2
James Day_2 Member Posts: 191
I decided to install a grundfos alpha on my heating system, figured i'd like to try it out on my own system before i start installing it own others systems.  I have a hydro coil forced air system.  In autoadapt, i only get 1gpm feeding my hydro coil. It heats the house right now but in the cold part of winter i doubt it would keep up.  If I put  it to speed 2, i get about 3-4 gpm.  Why in autoadapt is the gpm so low.  Can someone explain how the autoadapt works, in simple terms :) 

Thanks,  James

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Page 7

explains settings. Do you have it powered constantly? http://www.metropac.com/images/ALPHA%20INSTALLATION.pdf
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • James Day_2
    Options
    alpha

It is powered all the time.  I think I might just wire it through my zone control panel and have it run on constant pressure or speed 2. 
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    Delta-T

What's the delta-t across supply and return? There have been many past posts up here trying to figure out the "state secret."  Hopefully the attached can help you out in understanding it better.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• bob_46
    bob_46 Member Posts: 813
    Options
    Alpha

James, how many zones do you have and how do you control them ? Are they all hydro-air?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• James Day_2
    Options
    alpha

2 zones

one zone hydro for whole house

second zone radiant in master bathroom
This discussion has been closed.