Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle Tube boilers

Options
Xray
Xray Member Posts: 24
Hello fellow Wetheads!  My company is considering using Triangle Tube equipment for our condensing boiler needs.  I am not familiar with the stuff and I was hoping to get feedback from professionals regarding its effectiveness and reliability.  Thanx!

Comments

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    Triangle Tube

Triple A rated in my book.  They are my "go to" boiler.

When condensing technology first became popular, you would have to go to a European boiler for this kind of reliability.  But now, thank goodness, we've caught up.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    TT

is made in Belgium. Actually,I believe the HX is made in Poland. Regardless,it's a fine boiler and if I had gas I would put either a Viessmann or TT in my own house!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Nice Boiler

It's made by ACV in Belgium as Rob pointed out. It's my second choice.  The Viessmann Vitodens 100 is a very simple condensing boiler without a fancy control that needs programing.  Its great for the 110,000 btu and under one temp replacement jobs. Better warranty on the HX, better flexibility on venting and better priced too.

I would like to see Triangle start to bring over some of the newer versions that they have across the pond. Look at that little boiler.

http://www.acv.com/int-en/03_03/17/app.rvb

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,970
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Very good boiler

We do mostly Buderus, but TT is a good choice too.  Mad Dog
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    Options
    Triangle Tube boilers

I am a wholesaler and we sell TT & Burnham high efficiency condensing gas boilers. I put in my house the Triangle Tube Prestige Excellence PE110 110,000 BTU input boiler with 14 gallon stainless steel indirect water built in the boiler. Great boiler the indirect water heater delivers 3 GPM or 180 GPH can run two showers at one time with 1.6 GPM alsons shower heads. If you need more domestic hot water they have Smart SS indirect water heaters in 30gal to 120gal

Prestige Solo boiler only in 60,000 - 110,000 - 175,000 - 250,000 & 399,000 BTU input sizes.

Just spoke with tech service at TT and they have new products coming out now. One is their challenger boiler & water heater all in one unit only 3 sizes max is 124,000 BTU input 3 GPM domestic hot water delivery. Other control changes coming to the Prestige boiler line this year.

what part of the country are you from?
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Re: TT boilers

this has been my boiler of choice for the last 5 yrs. We sell and service them. When I say service, really has not been much need as they have been extremely reliable. Not to say nothing goes wrong. Electrodes and condensate traps need cleaning once a yr, may go 2 yrs but for preventative once a yr is best. If installed and set up right they just purr along. The new Lochinvar Knight wall hung has basically the same heat exchanger with a little improvement that they came out with a couple months ago, nice boiler. Just note that they require 1" clearance on their pvc vent to combustibles. It might mess you up a bit if trying to vent in a wall cavity. The TT vent clearance is only 1/4" air space. Just fyi.  Good luck, Tim
  • Xray
    Xray Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks!

Thanks everybody!  I am an import to the western suburbs of Chicago, originally from Binghamton NY.  Not enough wet heat out here.
This discussion has been closed.