Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

BTU on this commercial BB?

GW
GW Member Posts: 4,797
Hello, I can not find this in my Burnham Heating Helper, does anyone know what kind of BTU this is putting out? It is steam. The church people want to get a price for hw as well. I realize the btu will be less with hw.

The metal enclosure is 13" tall and comes out about 5 1/2". The fin seems to be about 5 1/4" square. There is 1 1/4" steel pipe in there

Thanks, Gary
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,399
    Vulcan

Hi Gary

I took a look at the Vulcan line, "Linovector". Are you sure the fins are not 4-1/4" square? That is very common. I have never seen 5-1/4" fins.

Anyway, I have two selections for you.

1-1/4" pipe with 4-1/4" fins in a 12" high enclosure (18 and 24 being next up, so close enough). The differences are in fins per foot, 33 and 40 and steel fins at that.

Steam ratings at 1.0 PSI and 65F entering off the floor:

Here are the ratings:

33 FPF: 5.65 EDR per LF or 1360 BTUH per LF

40 FPF: 6.30 EDR per LF or 1510 BTUH per LF

Brad
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • GW
    thanks

Brad, I am a little under the weather today- i will go back and check the size, lucky for me i drive by this place at least twice a day. I will count the fpf too. Thanks for the help, Gary
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • GW
    yes

I re-read my notes and it is 4 1/4. I saved myself a trip. I found that the Westfield folks sell this stuff, it seems like they own the bb market.

I am not finding what you have though. I guess there is a newer line.

Can you tell me what it puts out with 170 deg HW?

Thanks, Gary
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,399
    Hot Water Performance

Hi Gary-

These models with 170 average water temperature are cataloged:

33 FPF: 830 BTUH/LF

40 FPF: 870 BTUH/LF

My catalog is a bit out of date, but then so is what you have installed :) Vulcan updated their line in the last couple of years, different model numbers, etc. What I gave you is for their Model DS slope top.

That said, it may be Sterling, Rittling or other names. Very close in capacity I would think, if you are using the data for boiler sizing.

Tunstall in Chicopee represents them but am not sure of the wholesale/retail market how that works out your way.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • GW
    thanks

Thanks Brad, I am likely going to give them a price to throw in in a small AHU if the BB doesn't produce enough heat- dropping temps in the bb can be a problem as we all know. Gary
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
This discussion has been closed.