Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

over filling boiler

ridgid
ridgid Member Posts: 2
<span style="font-size:12pt">I have a steam boiler with a McDonald miller mechanical auto fill and no tank less hot water heating system. I have a problem with the boiler over filling. I have changed the auto filler; I checked for leaks and changed all the vents on the radiators. The problem continued so I installed a 12-15 psi reducer on the water feed and now I am draining a quart every 5 days. The system is not piped with a condensing return but it dose have a Hartford loop and it is not plugged. I have opened the loop and looked for blockage and found it to be clear. </span>

<span style="font-size:12pt"> </span>

<span style="font-size:12pt">I don’t know what to do and I cant find any one who can help please help. </span>

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,478
    auto fill over filling

is this 1-pipe or 2-pipe?

if there is a valve which can cut off the water into the auto-fill, then close it and see how your waterline behaves. there can be piping problems which "hide" enough water during the firing cycle, so that the auto-feed will feed. and then the water comes back.

i am not sure what you mean by the term "condensing return".--nbc
  • ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    boiler overfilling

If the low water cut off is slow to register the water returning to the boiler the auto water feeder will feed the boiler more water a float style lwcu might be partially plugged a probe type lwco the probe might be dirty or faulty
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!