Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
Need to contact us? Visit

Beckett bu

TrevorTrevor Member Posts: 3
Today I did a cleaning on my Thermo Pride furnace with a Beckett burner; it had been a few years since I'd done a full cleaning of the combustion chamber by removing the oil gun, so I did that this time.  

There is a mineral wool "collar" on the front of the Beckett's burner tube, where it goes into the ThermoPride's inside combustion chamber, and it was brittle and cracked as the burner assembly came out.  It is held on the burner tube by two clips that are a welded on part of the burner tube.

What do you call this mineral wool collar on the burner tube, and where can I get one?



  • Big EdBig Ed Member Posts: 1,069

    Thats one of the reasons I like Thermopride , they add all the extras ... Not sure the end cone protecter given name but any burner supply house could get one for you.
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • ChasManChasMan Member Posts: 440

    I think it is called an Amulet.. Or  ceramic burner  head protector
  • billtwocasebilltwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    how old is it?

    They used to use loose insulation between the chamber and burner mounting plate. You may be able to used a Lynn liner piece to wrap around it. Doesn't sound like an Amulet, end cone protector. Was there a reason you pulled the burner?
This discussion has been closed.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!