Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Another Buderus vs Viessmann Debate

James Day_2
James Day_2 Member Posts: 191
Most suppliers by me sell Buderus. I have installed quite a few and I love them.  I don't know where a local Viessmann dealer is by me.  Comparing these boilers what do you guys think:    Buderus G125BE vs Viessmann Vitola -  Buderus GB142  vs Viessmann Vitodens 200

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    Chocolate vs Vanilla?

Really a matter of preference. I'm partial to the Vitodens and G125BE and they fit the applications I encounter most frequently,but this is just my experience.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    No complaints with either company.

James.  I install both.  No real complaints.  I will caution that there have been a few issues with the aluminum heat exchanger on the GB-142.  I prefer the Vitodens myself. 

As far as the oil boilers go, the GB-124BE is a great piece of equipment with excellent applications.  However the burner is highly proprietary.  Purchase the service kit after taking the class and you will be ok.  The Vitola with a Riello burner is an excellent combination as well with Riello parts being more readily available.  I like to use them on large radiator systems because they can handle lower return water temperatures.

As usual it is more about learning the product and its applications.  Contact me and I can put you onto a Viessmann rep in your area for more info.

Good Luck.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    edited March 2011
    Viessmann Contact

Jim

I sent you a reply to the message you sent me. We are the Viessmann wholesaler in your market. I also attached the class we are hosting on Wed's at the mfg rep location. Just in case it didn't attach I attached it here.

The Vitodens 100 is the perfect boiler for those simple baseboard or cast iron applications. Its a very simple mod/con with no fancy bells and whistles in the control end. It does have the exact same heat exchanger that is in the Vitodens 200. You can't beat the warrany either, Limited lifetime on the hx no different then a cast iron boiler. 10 years full, 90% after year 11 and so on and so forth.

The GB142 in my opinion has nothing on the new Vitodens 200 although as Rob has said it's a realiable boiler. Come to the class..The only charge is your time..

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    All I can tell you....

...is if we could ever get the Vitoladens 300 or Vitocrossal 300 on this of the pond, it would be bye-bye to all of these little, high pressure drop, flow sensitive, P.O.S.  condensing boilers. 

But, I also believe Santa Claus is real.

• Robert O'Brien
    edited March 2011
    Jim

You can't get any better support than Chris and RAL Supply! Wales-Darby is always there when you need them too!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Heatboy

Viessmann had a Vitoladens T at the NAOHSM show in Providence last year,not sure if it was a 200 or 300,it had the Vitoflame 100 burner on it. I got the impression they were kicking around the idea of offering it here

• CMadatMe
    Thanks Rob

Rob thanks for the kind comment. I was just speaking with somone last week about the condensing oil boiler. I was told that Viessmann decided not to release the boiler that was at the show last year. Is something else on the way?

I know of some changes in Vitodens coming soon. One being a DHW package that you can pull off the shelf to add to the Vitodens 100 that will give you 3.5gpm. Pretty much a heat exchanger in a box with the necessary pump and fittings. The Vitodens 200 that will go out to 500K. Nice for commerical as we will be able to do 2mil on a 4 boiler rack system.

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,919
    East West Coast

To me it seem Buderus is more East Coast and Viessmann is more west coast ... But that is just an observation from my spot on the map ... I looked in to a Viessmann on Long Island a few years back and the numbers scared me away ... Buderus prices were high too maybe 10 years back when just one distributor had the lock . Once it was broken up the prices came in to a normal reach . High end boilers are tough enough to sell nowadays . Buderus GB 142 I have seen only minor problems though out the years..They are already road tested all the way back to the old country ... Starting to get a bad taste in my mouth with the US stuff ...

• CMadatMe
    Vitodens

Ed,

When the new release of Vitodens came the summer of 2009 there was a significant price decrease of as much as 35% on the 200's. No longer did the North American boilers have to come off it's own mfg process and line in Germany. The boilers today are the same as what is released over the pond. They are also true tested. The Vitodens 200 has been in service since 2005 over the pond yet only a heating season throughout North America so we consider it new when in reality its not.

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,919
    Viessmann

Well, worth looking into again . Over the years I read from Wallies that Viessmann are a step above ... How do you find their tech support ?

• CMadatMe
    Tech Support

The guys in RI are great. They have a call center now that is open 24hrs a day 7 days a week in the heating season. The trick to support is you really need someone where you are purchasing that knows the line and the applications. Your best support is going to be your local support. Find out who the rep is in your area. They are generally going to be involved with the application support.

I have a great benefit that my Viessmann rep also reps Uponor and Taco so they have a good grasp on radiant and other hydronic issues that may come up or are a great spring board for throwing application ideas off of.

I've been doing Viessmann long enough that I'm able provide all of the above for my Viessmann customers through me. The ability to support you customers from inside is what sets you apart from your competition. Find a good wholesaler that has someone that not only knows Viessmann but has a good grasp on radiant, geo thermal, solar and other hydronic applications. It goes a long way and builds great relationships to help grow your business.

• mcgill
    mcgill Member Posts: 6
    Simple Hydronics

Thanks i'll contact them
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    It's been years.....

....since i last visited NAOHSM.  Where and when is it this year, Robert?  Would love to see that boiler in person.

• CMadatMe
    Hershey This Year

Here's the link.

http://www.naohsm.org/trade_show.cfm

• Robert O'Brien
    Heatboy

It's basically a Vitola with what looks like a Vitodens HX stuck on the back,NORA has been displaying a Vitoladens300-W  wall hung oil boiler the last few t=years,hopefully it's there again this year. If you do make it to Hershey,let me know,love to get together for a cold one,I'll be there Mon-Wed
This discussion has been closed.