Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

what brand to buy?

sparkie
sparkie Member Posts: 52
I am going to have to purchase a replacement  gas fired boiler for a single family home. What is the best brand of boiler at this time? Baseboard hot water,2100 sq. ft of living space.   All opinions appreciated   thanks

Comments

• Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    I could tell you what I have, but

that would probably not be helpful because I am not a contractor and my only experience with boilers is an old GE oil-fired one and my new gas-fired mod-con.

What I think you should ask is What Contractor Should I get? I suggest this because I have dealt with several contractors over the last 20 years or so, and in my experience,  it is more important to get the best contractor than it is to get the best boiler. I am not sure there is a best boiler in the abstract. You need one that your contractor is familiar with, has been trained on, and understands, one he can get parts for quickly if you need one on New Year's Eve.

I actually like my boiler, but I have only had it about 22 months, and you would probably want the recommendation from some professionals with experience with several different kinds of boilers, and more years of experience with each.
This discussion has been closed.