Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need Buffalo, NY contractor

Options
One of the two boilers in my building has started to short-cycle and is not producing steam. My usual repair person is having surgery tomorrow and doesn't think he can get to me today. He is looking for someone he can refer me too...in the meantime, can anyone here make a recommendation?

The "Find a Contractor" search desn't show anything for my zip code.

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    edited March 2011
    Options
    symptoms?

if you can describe the symptoms here maybe we can get you through for a few days or more with a simple but temporary fix.

when you say "short-cycle", is that caused by low/high water, high pressure, or...?--nbc

i am surprised that your current steam man hasn't suggested someone else as a stand-in.
  • Kevin Blair
    Kevin Blair Member Posts: 62
    Options
    problem solved

Hi Thanks for the response. Tim, my regular guy, came through even with the surgery set for tomorrow. Soot bu lid up seems to be the problem. His "back up" is on vacation in Florida!

Still, I am surprised that there desolate seem to be anyone else in Buffalo.
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    good news

maybe tim should advertise his services on this web site! you are not the first from buffalo to be looking for professional help!--nbc
This discussion has been closed.