Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Can this water meter be moved (see photos)?

Can this water meter be moved (see photos)?


  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385

    anything is possible, but it looks more like a gas meter to me?
  • EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Water meter?

    That looks like a gas meter to me.  Check with your gas company, it will likely have to be replaced with a newer model.  Older models like this had the tendency to freeze if mounted on the outside of the house (provided you live in an area that is prone to low temperatures).

    It can be moved, but not with the blessing of the local authorities.  Don't expect much water to come out of the pipes and call a professional.

    There was an error rendering this rich post.

  • ABSolar
    ABSolar Member Posts: 41
    water meter where!?!

    No ifs, ands or buts fellas (and ladies), THAT is a gas meter.  If you need it moved, call the gas company.  Since it looks like it's inside, they may want to move it outdoors for easier access to read.  You can't touch that gas meter, legally.  Nor should you mess with it practically speaking, either....
This discussion has been closed.