Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

radiant w/ baseboard woes

rofey
rofey Member Posts: 5
We have a new home with a combination of radiant heat under concrete, wood or tile and baseboard in carpeted rooms. (4 rad. & 4 bb) The problem is that we actually get too much heat in our baseboard rooms even when their thermostats are not calling for heat. It's not constant, but the spurts can push the temp between 5 and 10 degrees higher w/o the thermostat calling at all. There are check valves on the lines and check valves in the pumps. The domestic water is fed off the boiler to a water tank and though the temp is set low, the tap water is really hot. Through shutting off a zone at a time, we haven't been able to isolate one zone as the problem zone. Obviously we're burning more propane than we'd like. The radiant rooms seem to be pretty consistent - a little above the set temp but only 2-3 degrees usually. They are mixed at approx. 140 degrees. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Comments

• pat_3
    pat_3 Member Posts: 89
    Baseboard

Are there 4 separate zones of baseboard or 4 rooms on a single zone?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• pat_3
    Baseboard

• pat_3
    Baseboard

• rofey

Sorry, there are actually 3 separate baseboard zones and 4 separate radiant zones. (I was counting the line to the water tank earlier when I said 4.)
  • pat_3
    Baseboard

Are all three baseboard zones overshooting?

• rofey

Yes I have noticed all 3 overshoot but not always at the same time. There have been times when I've found only 1 and times when its been all 3.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    New Home

When you say "New Home" do you mean that you have a newly built home or an older home that is new to you? If it's a "New Home" where is the heat loss and the radiant design? Can you post some pics of the boiler piping and the install?

This discussion has been closed.