Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

American radiator arco

Please see my previous post. I have a tube type water radiator in the bathroom addition(addition was done by one of the previous owners). Toward top of radiator it says arco and on bottom it says American Radiator. There are American Radiators listed in EDR And Arco convectors but no American Radiator Arco. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks


  • Steamhead
    Steamhead Member Posts: 15,516
    That's a small-tube radiator

    use the chart for the Burnham "Slenderized" rad. 
    All Steamed Up, Inc.
    Towson, MD, USA
    Steam, Vapor & Hot-Water Heating Specialists
    Oil & Gas Burner Service
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,393

    Is shorthand for American Radiator COmpany. They just fit that on the boss because the full name would not fit.

    Is that what you are asking?
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

    -Ernie White, my Dad
    STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,522

    I originally sized it based on thin tube water type radiators in LOSH. That gave me 2.11 per section for total of 29.54. The burnham sizing gives me 1.5 per section for total of 21. Rad is 3 tube 14 sections 25" height
This discussion has been closed.