Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

good push/pull pump

Options
Del
Del Member Posts: 52
Hi-I'm looking for a good push/pull hand pump for cleaning/testing oil lines. Anyone know of a good quality one?  Does Sid Harvey's carry them? There is one a few towns away.  Thanks.

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Yes...

... they do. I had mind for years ..

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Push-Pull Pump:

My push-pull pump is my air compressor. I have connections that will connect it to almost every connection known to man, I set the regulator for 10#, disconnect both ends, put a hose connection of some type on the outlet and put it in a 5 gallon antifreeze can with a device to keep the hose from blowing out, connect the compressor on the other end, and slowly open the valve. After a few minutes of air running through it, it is like new.

3/8"OD copped tube when new is rated for well over 1500#. If it can't take 10#, it should be abandoned and replaced. In fact, if it is old and clogged up, I always consider replacing it with a protected or sleeved line. In MA, it is now required after September, 2011.
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Got mine at Sids

They have a nice brass one.  Rigged it with some flex oil lines and have been using it for years.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    I've had mine

about 30 years now. The newer ones have a smaller chamber, but work good. Good ole Sids. We never needed them years back, oil was like Kero.
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Is it just me?

Is the oil getting thicker or is it just me?

I have tanks that aren't that old that are sludging filters like mad.  having to add additives to a 10 yo tank isn't good
  • ToddM
    ToddM Member Posts: 13
    Options
    It's not you

Oil has lots of parrifin (wax) in it-especially if it comes from venezuela or so Im told. Ive noticed the same thing.....

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.