Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Cast Iron Mono-Flow Tees

JShort Member Posts: 3
I'm looking for some 1" x 3/4" or 1 1/4" by 3/4" cast iron mono-flow tees...anybody have any they'd like to part with?


  • GordoG
    GordoG Member Posts: 15
    Cast Iron Mono-Flow Tees

    Check ebay. There is a guy who has some new ones for sale. You won't find them in a search, because he calls them "hydro-flo" not mono flo. I bought six copper ones from him.

  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    I haven't

    seen them in years. Why cast? 
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Copper Mono-Flows:

    I get copper ones right off the shelf at my wholesalers, Plumbers' Supply or FW Webb,
  • JShort
    JShort Member Posts: 3
    Mono-flow tees

    Thanks All!

    We're installing some heat in an unfinished basement using cast iron radiators.  We have lots of pipe, just no mono-flow tees.

    Gordo, the EBay seller is right in my back yard and that's just what I'm looking for.  I'll give it a try. 
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265

    Downfeeding radiators with monoflows isn't something for the faint of heart. I  would pipe it as a reverse return and be done with it. You don't need monoflows and you end up with equal pressure on all radiators.

    Just remember, first out.last back.
This discussion has been closed.