Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Straight Piped Steam Convector Element Needed

I am looking for a fin tube convector element (8"x60")  that is piped straight through... The Supply comes in horizontally and exits the element the same way on the other side

See crude diagram below:


All the ones I've come across either have a top or bottom connection on the supply end and a bottom connection on return end.

I could repipe it to make it work with one of the convectors i've found, but I'm trying to save my client some money.

Thanks alot guys!



  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    I think that you would

    spend more money trying to find or modify a normal convector. I have never seen an in-line version aside from baseboard. The traditional top/bottom model was universal for steam and hot water so cannot imagine a straight version.

    I suppose you could always ask Rittling, Ted Reed Thermal or Airtherm to make a special for you, but the cost might be more than the fittings you would use to achieve your goal.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

    -Ernie White, my Dad
  • Steamhead
    Steamhead Member Posts: 16,728
    edited February 2011

    Beacon-Morris. They sell a straight-thru 1-1/4" black steel single-tube convector or commercial-fintube element. Here's a shot of one we installed, with the cover off.
    All Steamed Up, Inc.
    Towson, MD, USA
    Steam, Vapor & Hot-Water Heating Specialists
    Oil & Gas Burner Service
This discussion has been closed.