Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Myson lo line fan troubles

Options
Kieran
Kieran Member Posts: 1
I have a myson lo line 9-6 and I am having problems with the fans working on auto.  I assumed this is a problem with the aquastat not working properly.  Is this a correct assumption? I then wonder if I should get the aquastat that is 109 on and 91 off or the one that is 129 on and 109 off? Any info is appreciated.  Thank you

Comments

• Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Lower temperatures

I would opt for the lower temperature aquastat, especially if you have outdoor reset compensated water. A mild day may not be sufficient to start the fan.

You can also jumper that aquastat out and use a space thermostat to start/stop the fan. The presumption is that the HW flow is dependent on the main system calling. The only risk here is that you may blow cold air if the main zone is satisfied.

Also, that clip-on aquastat may benefit from a bit of draw-filing or emery cloth at the contact point, followed by a dab of heat-conductive compound and a wrap of Armaflex tape insulation.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
This discussion has been closed.