Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

mass sheet metal license

Options
o2g
o2g Member Posts: 3
if you are going to get this license you only have until tomorrow,thank god we are now licence now this will prevent all the deaths and injuries caused by improper installations

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    I don't think

That is what it was about, in fact I know it wasn't. It's only a piece of paper, and doesn't guarantee anything. It's only revenue.
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Options
    I agree

I am all for licensure for areas of public safety, but what triggered this new license was the West Roxbury, MA, Chinese restaurant fire a few summers ago. The grease build-up and subsequent fire was not in the duct work but up above the ceilings, creating a flash fire/backdraft when the ceiling was opened. A lack of cleaning in general was the issue but a lack of cleaning in any grease duct system, well, that is another story.  The roof collapsed and two Jakes died. More issues there.

The faulting of the duct work system was part of that, it was not welded for the entire length, but it was not to code (NFPA-96), so stood out as a reason, that from my reading of the investigation report.

I believe the date tomorrow is the end of the grandfather period whereby you could get credit for so many years in the trade. After today, it is a test and apprenticeship/CEU path, if I am not mistaken.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
This discussion has been closed.