Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heat Timer Outdoor Weather Head

Hi, I have a customer who has requested that I set some sort of differential to his heatimer outdoor weather head. He insists that when the weather is between cold and warm like we had (nyc) yesterday that the boiler should not be operating for heat on a regular schedule. The MPC Platinum is set for 55 day and 40 night. He believes that there must be some sort of control with a differential type delay so as not to activate the heat when the outdoor temperature falls below 55 for say 30 minutes. Please help!
mroberts5

Comments

• RobbieDo
    RobbieDo Member Posts: 131
    PLC

Use a PLC to do this, I control a lot of things with PLC's
    Rob
  • michael_43
    michael_43 Member Posts: 11
    weather head differential

I believe the MPC has a differential of a degree or two to stop the control from short cycling. If the OD sensor is located on the North side of the building, you should be OK. Look into the Internet package since you already have a Platinum control. Between the room sensor averaging and the remote access, I am saving customers tons over a stand alone Platinum controller. All steam controls work off cycle times. They will cycle on every hour if the OD temp is below the WWSD. Without the space averaging feature, all steam cycling controls will overheat.
This discussion has been closed.