Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler of the year

Options
I wish there was still a contest going on. The boiler from hell competition maybe?

Comments

• Rankin
    Rankin Member Posts: 26
    Options
    hmm

Those tee wyes look less restrictive!!
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    Options
    DWV

First time I have seen DWV Copper ftgs on a steam boiler, WOW
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,113
    Options
    WOW !!!

That is awesome i think i have seen it all and should get outta the business cause i must be doing it all wrong that is amazing and to think that guy got paid to boot ! It must be in new jersey cause all the guys use DWV on steam  especially on semi comerical jobs at least in bergen county  it is much cheaper then regular copper fittings that you get at the scrap yard by the pound ! That is $$$$$$ awesome ,amazing and probably the high bidder .I love it i really do but i would have loved to hear the explanation to the home owner on why it ain't right and have them reply the it works wonderful until you got there .Again totally OMG awesome .Sorry i am so excited it's just i love it when other enter my realm .Peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Plumber7
    Plumber7 Member Posts: 19
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Good Guess!!

Monclair, NJ!!   If you can use DWV copper, how about PVC? If you are going to use DWV at least put the TY in the right direction. Truthfully, 90% of the steam boilers I see are not installed correctly. Except for this one which is perfect.  :)
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    Options
    It must be in new jersey

I live in New Jersey, and I think it very perceptive of you to notice this.

I think it is probably something in the water that dumbs down so many people in all professions. I do know that New Jersey has the highest per-capita death rate from cancer of any state in the union. And I know from a doctor at Montifiore Hospital in NYC that something like 80% of all cancers are environmentally caused. The symptom you noticed is probably a cancer of the thinking processes.

We also seem to have the highest automobile insurance premiums of any state. If you see how people drive around here, you would agree that the insurance companies are right. So our water also makes for bad drivers.

I wish I were kidding.
  • Robert O'Connor_12
    Robert O'Connor_12 Member Posts: 728
    Options
    Montclair?

Do any work in Glen Ridge?
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,322
    Options
    See it all the time

1 million btu boilers with 2" headers. DWV copper. Then I get a "it worked fine for years that way. Why do you say the new boiler needs all these large iron pipes. I was told copper was better by XYZ fly away Heating LLC"
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • Plumber7
    Options
    Glen Ridge?

Glen Ridge?  Nice town, tough inspector!    :)
  • Plumber7
    Options
    Piping

I know this isn't heating but couldn't resist, kind of makes your head spin. This is somewhere in Bergen County, NJ
  • Robert O'Connor_12
    Robert O'Connor_12 Member Posts: 728
    Options
    Glen Ridge

Tough but fair!  ;)
This discussion has been closed.