Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Convert my oil furnance to accepet Gas -help

Rudy5233
Rudy5233 Member Posts: 2
Ok I have a few rentals where I am sick of oil running out. Lower income tenants. So i always bleed the system. 2 houses have steam rad heat. The other is duct. So what needs to be done to use the existing boiler? Change the guns? Should I consider new gas boilers? Any contractors interested the houses are in Montco pa. Thx

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    how about

automatic delivery, or someone look at the gauge once in a while?
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,921
    Rocket

What works too is a transmitter oil gauge ... The Rocket is one of them... A wireless system with a receiver you just plug in the wall upstairs ... Shows the level of oil , lights and beeps when the tank is about to run out ..

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    Riello gas burners

you can convert the boilers with a gas conversion burner but the warm air unit must be replaced. 
  • TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    Bill and Ed

I maintain about 400 of these sec8 units. Believe me...they are not running out because they dont know the level of the tank. They know exactly where the level is.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    how about

lock boxes for the thermostats? Do you think gas conversion will give them incentive to conserve?  Perhaps a little time in a cold house is what they need, unfortunately most don't care, as long as the tax payers pick up the tab
  • Eric_32
    Eric_32 Member Posts: 267
    is the heat...

included in their rent? Who pays to have the boiler/furnace serviced? I'd be having them pay an oil company to pruge the line after a delivery. That might help.
  • tennents

oil heat and tennents are not a good combination
  • tennents

oil heat and tennents are not a good combination
This discussion has been closed.