Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

couple basic question

Options
heatmizer
heatmizer Member Posts: 14
Ok  first  s/s  on a Carlin  burner, I read the whole  control book  never  mentioned.  i am assumeing   that it  service man switch  by looking at place ment , before  primary ?   My second  question  if im useing  venturi/monoflow tees and in need  a pressure  differential  more then can be  achived  by one tee  do i  simply  flip the tee on the  return end or is there  a special  tee for that .

Comments

• Gordan
    Gordan Member Posts: 891
    Options
    For your second question...

You wouldn't simply flip a tee. You would use two tees. The monoflo tee on the return (which is where they are placed if you're only using one) always has to have the cone facing downstream. The tee on the supply always has to have the cone facing upstream. So, the cones would be pointing away from each other.
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    Options
    ?

I have no idea what your first question is. Can you try to rephrase it?
  • heatmizer
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ty for your help

i did know the  tee  went on the retun  side i know i wrote wong   and thank you very much, as for the other  question on th carlin burnes  control there ar two lead marked s/s i read the  control manual they where  never mentioned ,im in  school  so no paper work on it. the wireing   diagram they gave me  dose not use it  and the carlin control book i have  dose not mention it  
  • RobbieDo
    RobbieDo Member Posts: 131
    Options
    Don't understand?

Man, I am very confused. I didn't understand a thing you just wrote? Can you be more clear on what your issues are, thanks.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• heatmizer
    Options
    ok

im  a 14 year hvac tech taking a oilburner class .at the school they have some carlin  burners  on the controls  there are two leads  marked s/s  there is no paper work on the  unit .and the wire diagarm  school gave me dose not use them  the control book on carlin controls  never  mentions  a s/s  looked like  wire  would have  came in series  before the primary  not sure  at the moment if if  was before limit  sry . as far as my question on the monoflow  tees  im good there  if you need two tees the  one one return end  gose in normal  and the other need to face away
  • heatmizer
    Options
    i think there for severvice man switch

i think there for service man switch ,because of location in series before primary  i know im exsplaining wrong so ill take a pic in am  and post tomarrow
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    switch placement

The serviceman's switch should be after the electrical fireomatic above the unit, and before the control powering L-1 and grounding the L-2 circuits. Is this an aquastat, cad cell relay, fan/limit, or what? A high limit should always be first inline no mater what
This discussion has been closed.