Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Head and Nozzles Carboning Up, S Dimension to blame?

This winter my system shutdown and after another month there is excessive carbon buildup on the electrodes, and even some oil spray inside the blast tube. Upond close inspection the S dimension on was set to 2 3/8" and it should be 2 13/16" which seems a pretty substantial difference to me, and it ha been adjusted. Everything else appears to be correctly set and tuned, does this seem that it could have been the cause of the buildup?

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Carbon and the "S" dimension:

It could be. But you need to know what model burner and the rate it is being fired. There are so many models and modifications of this burner. My head is spinning just thinking about it. I always hear about the "Z" dimension. You must remove the burner to check that one.

That's why I always use Carlins. As long as you use the correct head spacing bar that is determined by the firing rate of the nozzle, and you use the proper plastic electrode jig, you must be a fool to not get it right.

I find these settings all over the map. I never know if they are right and if I change it to what I "think" is right, will it be wrong. No one knows.
This discussion has been closed.