Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

AQ2000 vs Taco

I'm just in the process of having a new boiler and system installed but have a question about what controls we should go with.

The boiler is a WM-Ultra 155 with 4 zones now, another 2 will be added later. We had originally been spec'd a Taco SR506-2 but I had asked about the AQ and they said they could give it to me for the same price, no problem. The thermostats were supposed to be T87 rounds but it doesn't look like those will work with the AQ so either the stats or the control need to change.

I like the way the T87 looks which is why we got those. On the other hand it looks like the AQ is a much better control than the Taco - is that fair? Built in pump exercise was one reason it looked good; the zone of greatest demand too.

Opinions about which to go with? Thanks

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    Which model AQ?

Just the zone panel?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Brad Barbeau
    Brad Barbeau Member Posts: 52
    AQ Panel

Actually it's the AQ25A4B2, (V2). I thought that it would be just the zone panel but this is what they brought which I think is better.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    AQ2000

Is head and shoulders above a plain jane switching panel, does ODR,zone synchronization(with AQ T'Stats) and boiler post purge along with many other features. I would only use the AQ stats
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.