Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Baso ignition module and aquastat

Options
I had a new baso ignition module installed recently on a burnham boiler manufactured in 1983. When they installed the ignition module they mixed the ground wires. The ground wire from the boiler should have gone into ground burner (4) and the aquastat wire from B2 should have gone to ground (5) of the ignition module. But they were switched. Also the red wire from the aquastat that is connected to B1 was not connected to the ignition module. Is this a concern? Also, I am not sure if I have a flame rod sense 1 or 2. How do I tell? There is not a vent damper on the unit. However, there should be. It looks as if before I purchased the house someone had removed the vent damper for whatever reason. Depending on the number of flame rods the schematics vary with the baso ignition module. There is a wire that goes to the flame rod then another end that comes back up. They have one connection into the spark (10) and the other in the sense (8) of the ignition module. How can I determine if this is installed correctly? Could the switch in the wires cause the aquastat to fail, thus resulting in it not shutting off when the boiler had reached it's high temperature and then resulting in a fire?
This discussion has been closed.