Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Best Advertising Methods

Options
James Day_2
James Day_2 Member Posts: 191
Hey guys,   

I love this site. It has helped me in numerous occasions.  I started my own hvac company about 7 months ago.  I am wondering from your experience, what is the best way to advertise to draw in new customers.  I put an ad in the yellow pages, with no success.  Has anyone tried direct mailers, or anything else.  Any input would be appriciated.     Thanks,   James

Comments

• OneHungLow
    OneHungLow Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Ad

I am a big fan of service magic.com , they are a membership of qualified vetted professionals that are rated by customers and licensed and insured. I have used the service to hire my mason and plumber. If you are looking to expand your customer base this site and similar sites are a part of the future. It's one of those sites that you go to in an emergency or a planned home improvement, hope this is a help. Bill
  • Mr. Blonde
    Mr. Blonde Member Posts: 38
    Options
    Post cards

I'm in my fifth year and the yellow pages was a waste of money for me. I think you need a large ad thats expensive which is hard to afford when your first starting out. I also think even if you could afford the ad most the calls come at the peak times of the year and it would be impossible for one person to take advantage of the work. I have had the best luck with post cards. No envelope for them to open its right there in there face. I do 5000 and target certain areas. The post card design is the key. Pay to have it done or do alot of research.
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    Bulletin Boards

A few years ago, I noticed that people would call and say that they got my name from a local "Parents Network" and after awhile, I dropped all my advertising because of the traffic I received off this website.  So, try to get you name out on these local bulletin boards.  People trust them and they're free.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • TomM
    TomM Posts: 233
    edited January 2011
    Options
    google

did you guys say yellow pages? direct mailings?  bulletin boards?

-

This is 2011.  websites.  you need to be at the top of the search results.  For example, if you're in otisville NY, and somebody goes to Google and types in 'Otisville Hvac' you want to be at the top.  apparently, you're not.  Its called 'Search Engine Optimization" or SEO for short.  Its all in your keywords.  If people type 'plumbing', or 'hvac', or 'steam heating' along with your location or surrounding location, you want to get hits.  If you don't, you'll be left in the dust. 

I see you have a Yellowbook website.  Call them and demand better SEO.  My brother works for them.  If you need help, send me a message.

Or, you could call google and pay money to be in the top yellow box when people search.  My buddy does floors, and he pays a lot for it, but he's going gangbusters, and it has paid for itself many times.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.