Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant heat boiler running time ?

Options
Hi Guys,,

The new house Ive built approx 2800 sf.with oil fired radiant heat in concrete slabs on all floors, I have a Tempcast Masonry Fireplace in the center of the house. The  radiant was installed by me,no heatloss calcs,tried but couldnt figure out 28' high living room ceilings.This was my second heating project, learned alot right here at heating help .com, I wired an outlet to my boiler power switch,so that when the boiler fires this outlet is powered, I plug in a analog clock,and the last few real cold days here in Mass,the boiler only ran 2-1/2-3 hours in a 24 hour period, this while the Tempcast masonrt heater was burning, Im real happy with those numbers, with oil prices still climbing,, Does this sound good ??

Thanks  ,,  Mike in Hopkinton

Comments

• Al Letellier_21
    Al Letellier_21 Member Posts: 402
    Options
    boiler run time

too many variables to consider and too little information, Mike but here is a question or two for you: Are you comfortable in the house ? If so, what's the issue? If not, there may be an issue. A lot of factors go into calculating boiler demand and project run time/fuel usage so we would be hard pressed to say if you have an issue with information provided. IF you feel it is really problem, bring in a heating expert to help you evaluate the system's performance.
This discussion has been closed.