Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus panel noise

Options
pwkeating
pwkeating Member Posts: 1
Help! we put in 2, 63" buderus panel radiators, wall hung, and have loud squeeling noise from them when the heads are activated. These are on a converted steam system, with a 3 " main and 1.25 return. both have 3/4" shutoffs, then bushed to 5/8" pex. We installed with 5/8" pex supply and returns. We're using a grundfoss variable speed circulater that is working great with everything else, but the panels squeel and kinda vibrate when called on. If we turn the dial up or down, its fine. Buderus suggested checking the flow setting valve settings, and we checkd and it was correct. Suggestions? Never had this before and I'm puzzled.  Pressure related

Comments

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,113
    Options
    couple of question first

Are you sure the supply and returns are piped correctly if so did you use the h pattern valve with the by pass built in ?I have installed a few even in my own home and have no noise issue but seeing that you installed them and attehed them to a older steel piping system you may have debrie stuck into the trv mechinise and the  noise could be related to the valve trying to close and  not shutting completly whih would cause noise if the velocity was high .Persoanlly i would not have tied into a older steel main unless i had installed a strainer on the supply just for the panel rads espically since it was a steam pipineg being reused .I would dis connect them flush them out and install a small 3/4 strainer for each panel rad.Also install a globe valve on the supply to each  of the panel rads you may also have a velocity promblem this way you will be able to throttle the flow a bit .I would never re use the steam piping for a conversion to hot water and i will tell you i hope at a mimiun that you have installed a good quality strainer on your return pipng other wise your circ pump will be getting jammed up .Recently went on a service call on a gravity hot water conversion a buddy did i had reccomened to him to installa strainer he did not system was flushed pretty good found the circ impella clogged with crap .Please don't take any thing i have posted yeh wrong way just trying to help you out .Peace and good luck clammy 
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Hop
    Hop Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Panel air

I am also having trouble getting the air out of buderus panel rads any suggestions?
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,433
    Options
    well you bled....

all the air out w/ the system pressure @ 18 psi....? IF the air keeps showeingup I would suspect the air seperator is not working and or your piping is not the best for air removal...what is your system like?
This discussion has been closed.