Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lochinvar Squire and What's New?

SpeyFitter
SpeyFitter Member Posts: 422
I don't intend to waste bandwidth here, however I am currently working on a Mech room now with a Lochinvar Knight wall mount (first wall mount Knight, installed a few floor mounts 2 years ago), and an 80 gallon squire (I spec'd all this equipment - like to keep the indirect the same as the boiler brand if possible).  Anyways, this is my first time seeing the Squire tanks in person, and I know Lochinvar just started doing their tanks in house at their new facility and WOW, I must say I'm very impressed with the way this tank looks. I've installed a few Viessmann tanks over the years (3 horizontal, and 1 standard tank, all of which were their stainless versions), and a few bradford white RTV stainless indirects, and this Lochivnar Squire tank is absolutely sharp in comparison. The casing is ABS and solid, and there are new screws or rivets or anything, and only a fusion welded seem where they come together. You can't tell how they put the 2 black caps on, and the insulation they used appears high density behind this casing as you can't dimple the casing at all, it feels almost like there is no insulation behind it. All of the tappings are generous in size as well (this tank has 1 1/2" domestic connections and 1" coil connections).

On another note, anyone have any "gossip" on any new hydronic equipment coming out? It seems a little stale these days. I know Lochivnar has their new fire tube models, IBC came out with their 399 mid last year with another boiler soon to come out. Grundfos I think just recently if I'm not mitaken came out with some skookum looking zone valves that appear to have some interesting serviceable features. Any other news? I know Viessmann has some tricks up their sleeve but they are past due from what I've heard, mostly related to some combi's from what I've heard. Also, I've heard some rumours about the Lochivnar Crest's features - apparenty an in house designed fire tube heat exchanger, and I heard something about a 25 to 1 modulation ratio (rumour anyways, but....???).

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998
    Crest

I was at the Lochinvar plant late last November. The crest is a vertical firetube using stainless steel tubes. To get the high modulation, they use two burners that modulate 5 to 1 each. The tank assembly area was very clean. They don't produce that many tanks after having seen the A.O. Smith production lines for example.

The Lochinvar Knight, Avmor and Synch are great products. Now, if they could just do something about the air switch failures............ One more last night on a new install.

Regards,

Henry
This discussion has been closed.