Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle Tube PE110 boiler job

bob eck
bob eck Member Posts: 930
I sold a contractor a job last October 2009 where he installed a Triangle Tube Prestige Excellence PE110 boiler in a older home where there are cast iron radiators first and second floor with large 2" mains in the basement. piped primary secondary one zone for both floors and one thermostat. will add mor zones later. Question is when thermostat (older Honeywell Cronatherm set back) is set for 70deg F some times the thermostat turns the boiler on and the boiler will run for 3-5 minutes and turns the boiler off. when the thurmostat turns the boiler on should the boiler run longer that 3-5 minutes? Is there somthing wrong with the thermostat?

Comments

• Gordan
    Gordan Member Posts: 891
    Possibly.

Is he running on outdoor reset? That should lengthen the cycles.

What's the anticipator set to? According to the installation manual, it should be 0.2 A if the thermostat is wired directly to the Prestige with nothing in between, and add the draw for any zone valves, relays and such if wired to those.
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Check Anticipator setting.

Thermostats come set for forced air applications and must be set for hot water. A typical setting for cast iron hot water might be 2 cycles per hour. I might evben try 1 per hour to test things out depending on the size and thermal mass of the radiation. Honeywell ships them out set at 5 cycles per hour. Snot good for hot water systems. WW
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Check Anticipator setting.

Thermostats come set for forced air applications and must be set for hot water. A typical setting for cast iron hot water might be 2 cycles per hour. I might evben try 1 per hour to test things out depending on the size and thermal mass of the radiation. Honeywell ships them out set at 5 cycles per hour. Snot good for hot water systems. WW
This discussion has been closed.