Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

piping help

Options
Arlo
Arlo Member Posts: 9
Help!!

I had a new steam boiler installed 12/8/08, we loved or old boiler “Pete” but he was leaking water from places he should not have.

Two years now and at least 7 repairs I am still having problems. I am questioning the piping that was changed to fit the new boiler. “Pete” did not have the problems the new boiler is having.

I will try to explain. I have a one-pipe system and the return heads down into the Hartford loop and then comes up to join the equalizer at a tee with the equalizer turning horizontal and coming in to the tee from one side and the return coming in the other then out of the bottom of the tee the equalizer continues down to the return at the bottom of the boiler.

To top this off the tee is at the water level not the 6” below as is shown in the papers that came with the boiler. I am concerned that this is why my water level when the boiler is running is dipping down to the bottom of my sight glass and kicking on the auto feed. Now my water level when the boiler is not running is at the top of the sight glass or beyond.

One more question. The pipe that is sending the steam out leaves the boiler turns vertical and meet the steam supply main at a tee with the equalizer, I have a tee for a header?

Let me know if any of this could be a problem.

Thanks, Ed

Comments

• DanCanDo
    DanCanDo Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Pic's

Can you post some pics?  Near boiler piping is critical to proper and quiet operation, see if you can post some pics.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Rod
    Rod Posts: 2,067
    Options
    Need Pictures

Hi Ed-  It sounds like you have some problems.with your boiler's near piping configuration. Could you post some pictures of your boiler?

Take the pictures from all sides and stand away from the boiler when taking the pictures so we can see and trace the piping connected to the boiler in the picture.  If we need detail we can zoom in on the picture. Also you might let us know the make and model of your boiler.

- Rod.
This discussion has been closed.