Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gas Boiler recieves call for heat, but does not fire up.

Options
Shuttle
Shuttle Member Posts: 24
He guys, am a homeowner. and i realized yesterday my boiler would not light as the thermostat called for heat. (The damper twisted, and it did not light up) I flicked the emergency shutoff switch to see if the pilot was lit, It was on, so I decided to switch emergency cutoff back to "on". This morning I had the same problem, soI flickedthe switch on and off (it did the trick) Rightnow, nothing works! No dampner noise, no start up, no Heat!!

What could be the problem??

Comments

• Rod
    Rod Posts: 2,067
    Options
    Call a Pro

Hi- You need to call in a pro. Homeowners (including me) don't have the experience or test equipment to work on burners.

- Rod
  • Shuttle
    Options
    It just fired up!

Hi, I lightly tapped the damper area with a wrench, then I heard the "damper Twist" and it lit up! could it be a "dirty flute?"
  • HenryT
    HenryT Member Posts: 128
    Options
    NOT A PRO

I AM NOT A PRO, but i've had similar experience.  I called in a plumber and they replaced the "spill switch" which was located right near the vent damper on the bottom...

perhaps this is the problem.
  • Shuttle
    Options
    Fired Up again

Well, I took the flue (exhaust) pipe apart and to my surprise it was clean, I put it back together and The boiler still has trouble starting. I just discovered that by lightly "tapping" the pigtail on the pressuretrol It starts up. (I assume the pigtail needs a cleaning!!) Can anyone tell me how to get a wench in there so I can remove the Pigtail? It seems to small a hole!)
This discussion has been closed.