Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

no help

When I found this site and read some thread, I was glad to see I might find help with my issue. On 12-20-10 I posted a thread about a Laars EDP-110 having heat problems. Even though others have posted Laars issue's since then, and got  reply's, I never received even a suggestion. I even have seen Laars people on threads. Very disappointing.

Comments

• Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    Very disappointing.

I am not a professional, but I take an interest in these things. I hate for people to be disappointed, especially at this site. So I looked at your original post. I think the lack of response may have been due to the fact that it is very difficult to visualize your system. And your description makes it very difficult to make an educated guess as to what your problem may be.

It looks to me, from what I can tell, that no one is likely to be able to evaluate your system and its problem(s) without an on-site visit, or much more detail of your system, especially detailed pictures. But if you are having electrical problems with the controls (opening and closing zone valves, for example), nothing is going to substitute for an on -site visit with suitable test equipment.

The professionals on this site could solve your problem, but site visits would have to be paid for.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    Some observations:

You asked a boiler question in the Radiant section. More people will see your question if you post it on The Main Wall.

You may not have provided enough information for anyone to offer a suggestion. This job is confusing you, and given the same amount of information that you have, it's probably confusing others as well. You're on the job and confused. Consider how much more difficult it is to solve a problem when you're not on the job.

If you see someone from the company posting here on the board, you could politely ask them to check out your question while they're here. I've learned that politeness and respect go a long way in this world.

You could also drop an e-mail to the factory; they have tech people who are very familiar with this product, and I'm sure they'd be willing to help.

Finally, all of us who post here do so for free, and in a spirit of sharing for our mutual benefit. We all have lives and jobs and families, and we sometimes just don't have the specific answer that you want us to have for you. You may not realize that.

Please try a little tolerance and a bit of kindness. It works.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Sometimes things fall through the cracks...

Not uncommon at all, depending upon the location,detail given and traffic.

Try contact the factory first and see of they can help.

http://www.heatinghelp.com/forum-thread/133944/Laars-Phones-12-28-10-FYI

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Joannie
    Joannie Member Posts: 96
    Laars Endurance

Sorry I didn't see your post on the 20th. I check in here on the main wall when I can, but don't go to the radiant section very often.  If you still need help with your issue, please call our tech support line at 800-900-9276 and press 41.  They will likely need you to call from the boiler, as they'll have questions for you.

Thanks,

Joannie

Laars Heating Systems Company
This discussion has been closed.