Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

007 Cartridge....

kcopp
kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
When going to replace a burned out 007 bronze circ. is there a diff. in the cartridge to that of a regular 007 cast iron? If so what?

Comments

• Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    What is burned out?

As I understand it, the field winding of these circulators is in the outer part of the circulator. The cartridge contains all the moving parts. If the circulator is burned out, it is the outer part that needs to be replaced. If the bearings, or other moving parts have quit, then it would be appropriate to replace the cartridge. I think it would be very unlikely (though not impossible) for the field winding to burn out in one of these. But I am not a professional, so keep that in mind.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    They ARE different...

There are different repair part numbers for the BZ versus the IB. Not sure what the differences are, but would hate to have you find out the hard way.

Cost differential is around 15 to 20$. I suppose that in a pinch, you could use an IB cartridge in a BZ pump, but wouldn't leave it there long.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• kcopp
    great....

supply house didn't know... pretty sure I got the wrong one and installed it. It is a radiant system that had used non barrier tubing. They had no heat on Boxing day... everything else was non ferrous on that side of the HX.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    cartridge

It is more than likely a 005-020RP. It is a little cheaper than a complete circ. Probably best to buy the whole circ, an put motor and all on the old housing
  • kcopp
    007 bronze....

is hard to come by. Especially the Monday after Christmas. It was a 007 cart... as they 1 st gave me the 005 one as it was too short! ty,kpc
This discussion has been closed.